Planning on proposing? 12 ways to say will you marry me…
Are you planning on proposing to your loved one?
Have you decided how you are going to ask for her hand in marriage? Are you opting for the traditional down on one knee approach or something a little different?
At Kennedy Jewellers in Coffs Harbour, we understand the importance of such an event. In this article we have listed just a few ideas to help spark a little creativity and inspiration for those popping the big question….
Declare your love publicly
- Take out a full-page ad in a newspaper you know your girlfriend reads daily.
- Pay the divers at an aquarium to put on a proposal show inside their biggest fish tank. Give them a handwritten sign that says, “Will you marry me?” to hold up against the glass. Go out for a night of dancing and ask the DJ or bandleader to pass you the mic so you can dedicate a song and propose on the dance floor.
- Flying anytime soon? Arrange with the flight attendants to use the plane’s loudspeaker system and propose at 35,000 feet.
- Arrange with a theatre to run an ad featuring your proposal and make sure you get there in time for the previews.
Something to consider: Just remember to think about how your partner will react. Is she the shy type? Will she be embarrassed by such a display of affection in front of the rest of your world?
Low-key approach: at home proposals
- Write her a love note with the proposal at the end of it. Tuck it into her favourite book or the one she happens to be reading at the moment, and when she finds the note, surprise her with the ring – just make sure you’re around to do it, of course!
- Turn off all the lights in your apartment and make a trail of candles that leads to a circle of votives positioned around the ring.
- Slip the ring on her finger while she’s sleeping and wake her with champagne and strawberries. At first, the gesture will simply seem romantic — the real surprise comes when she notices her new piece of jewellery.
- Tie a red ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. You wait at the last stop, ring in hand.
- Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off and wait for the inevitable gasp.
Get a ring size chart and ask your partner to look up her ring size. When she accuses you of ruining the surprise that your planning on shopping for a ring, you can say, “Okay, try this one instead,” and pull out the ring you have already purchased for her.
- Take the scavenger hunt high-tech: Send your partner a text message leading her to a secret spot. Keep her engaged by text messaging her sweet nothings along the way (and directions, of course) as you lead her to you, on bended knee.
- Create a web page declaring your love. Leave your partner a clue with the web address written on it and wait for her to find it
- Set up a live-stream channel (on Ustream.com) and invite all your friends and family to watch the proposal live from wherever you propose!
Perfect partner? check! perfect proposal? check! perfect ring?
If you haven’t already found the perfect ring to accompany your perfect proposal, then Kennedys Jewellers in Coffs Harbour can help you. We have all the designs styles and diamonds and gemstones to suit a range of tastes and budgets.
Expect the best at Kennedy Jewellers
At Kennedys Jewellers you can expect no less than the finest conflict-free diamonds, highest quality precious metals and materials. A range of Signature and Couture Collection rings are available for purchase online and in store and many of these designs can be customised to your requirements
At Kennedy Jewellers we also offer a full in-house design and hand-crafting service, allowing you to custom design your own unique engagement ring – a perfect way to match the ring to suit your partners style…